Physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual resolution
‘Holistic’ comes from the Greek word holos, meaning ‘whole’
Holistic counselling can help you to find new ways of thinking and feeling which can lead to greater awareness and change for better health. Counselling also starts the process of understanding ones self, our behaviours, insecurities, fears and personal responses. Through investigation, bespoke strategies can be put into place that enable clients to find effective ways to cope, gain perspective and confidence, and to achieve a level of peace, happiness and control.
Holistic therapies have been effectively used for centuries and can play an important role in maintaining good health and overall well-being. Rather than addressing individual symptoms, a holistic counsellor will look for the underlying cause by considering physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual states of health and well-being.
We cannot live a happy and meaningful life if we are disconnected and fragmented. This is why it is so important to look at all the elements of health simultaneously. Holistic therapies can provide support with:
- Physical health: Physical wellness, bodily aches, chronic pain, illnesses, tension, fatigue and diseases.
- Emotional health: feelings such as anger, sadness, or worry.
- Mental health: all our limiting beliefs that manifest as depression, anxiety and stress e.g. “I am not good enough.”
- Spiritual health: feeling empty, lost, incomplete, disconnected and fragmented.
Throughout our lives we experience many painful moments and challenges that stop us from moving forward and living a fulfilling life. In our society we are taught many things, but we aren't taught how to process our feelings, which can leave us feeling insecure, like we are not enough. In a safe, non judgemental environment, Mark's mission is to empower you to "make a shift" in any area of your life.
Holistic Counselling can help you in discovering:
- Greater self awareness and self acceptance
- A more peaceful, centred approach to life
- Greater health and vitality
- Emotional well being
- A deepened sense of spirituality
- A greater ability to cope with traumas such as death, divorce and abuse
- An enhanced feeling of optimism and self esteem